Concerned Citizens Committee
The Concerned Citizens work together on a variety of local community issues throughout Brooke and Hancock
We meet monthly, the 2nd Monday at 11:00 am, to discuss, evaluate, and establish service plans for the people in need
throughout our community. There are no meetings the months of July and August.
Since January 2014, the Concerned Citizens group...
- has gathered community agencies and individuals to help represent Brooke and Hancock counties in the 2014 national Point-in-Time homelessness count.
- "The Point-in-Time (PIT) count is a count of sheltered and unsheltered homeless persons on a single night in January. HUD requires that Continuums of Care conduct
an annual count of homeless persons who are sheltered in emergency shelter, transitional housing, and Safe Havens on a single night. Each count is planned, coordinated, and carried out
- determined the type of housing and shelter needs in our community
- has been attending Northern Panhandle Continuum of Care meetings to stay up to date with the available housing
- brought various community service agencies together in order to establish more effective service plans for families and individuals suffering from
- is beginning to look deeper into community homelessness prevention