Concerned Citizens Committee
The Concerned Citizens work together on a variety of local community issues throughout Brooke and Hancock
Monthly meetings are currently on hold, to discuss, evaluate, and establish service plans for the people in need throughout our
community. If you would like to be involved with this committee please contact the office at (304) 748-7850.
Since January 2014, the Concerned Citizens group...
- has gathered community agencies and individuals to help represent Brooke and Hancock counties in the 2014 national Point-in-Time homelessness count.
- "The Point-in-Time (PIT) count is a count of sheltered and unsheltered homeless persons on a single night in January. HUD requires that Continuums of Care conduct
an annual count of homeless persons who are sheltered in emergency shelter, transitional housing, and Safe Havens on a single night. Each count is planned, coordinated, and carried out
- determined the type of housing and shelter needs in our community
- has been attending Northern Panhandle Continuum of Care meetings to stay up to date with the available housing
- brought various community service agencies together in order to establish more effective service plans for families and individuals suffering from
- is beginning to look deeper into community homelessness prevention